Tracking Setup: Overview
There are currently three methods for setting up the Sona Labs tracking configuration:
Basic setup is for customers looking to capture page visits whereas advanced setup includes more custom tracking such as submission forms. Shopify setup is specific to Shopify shops. However, before selecting the setup type, the customer must first setup the tracking settings:
- On the left sidebar, click on the "Settings" icon on the bottom left
- Once on the "Activity Tracking" page, click on the pink "Edit Settings” button on the top right corner
- In the "Tracking Settings" pop up window that appears, click to the right of the “Tracking Enabled” radio button to “turn on” tracking. The bar should change to a light green color. This means that tracking is now enabled.
- Under the “User Identifier” section, select how your organization identifies unique customers:
- Email address
- User ID
- Under the “Implementation Method”, select how you would like to implement tracking for your organization:
- Params: Define the actual param field name to be extracted in the tracking for the user identifier you selected in the previous step. Note: This method doesn’t require engineering assistance.
- Ex: “email_address” for email address
- Meta data: Extract the data from the HTML. You will need to define the field name for the user identifier you selected in the previous step. You may also add other data fields to be extracted. Click “Add Mapping” to identify the additional fields. Note: This method doesn’t require engineering assistance.
- Ex: “current_user_uuid” for user ID
- Sona Labs push: Note: This method requires engineering assistance.
- Data layer: Note: This method requires engineering assistance.
Shopify - Shopify integration, development not required
- Click the purple “Apply” button to save your configuration setup.
After you have successfully implemented your tracking setup, you will be able to see all your data collection in the “Activity” and “Analysis” section of our platform.